Silicone gaskets are preferred for a wide range of pharmaceutical and biotech applications because silicone does not readily support microbiological growth. It is therefore ideal for use in clean environments and the manufacture of medical devices. Elast-O-Pure® SIL70 Translucent is available in a hardness grade of 70 IRHD, making it suitable for a wide variety of fluid sealing duties, including ‘O’ rings and hygienic clamp seals. James Walker Elast-O-Pure® SIL70 Translucent is a platinum-cured grade of silicone (VMQ) elastomer that has been developed by James Walker to meet the stringent requirements of the pharmaceutical and bioprocessing sectors. At James Walker we not only manufacture elastomeric components; we also formulate and compound our own materials, giving us total control over every stage of the manufacturing process. By formulating specifically for bio-pharmaceutical use we make sure that our compounds are designed to minimize leachables and extractables without affecting performance and, unlike component manufacturers purchasing ready-made compounds off the open market, we are able to trace and verify every ingredient. The Elast-O-Pure® platinum-cured pharmaceutical grade of silicone is available in a hardness grade of 70 IRHD, making it suitable for a wide variety of fluid sealing duties. Our confidence in promoting this material is based on over thirty years of successful supply into the pharmaceutical and bio-processing industries.
- Compliant with FDA 21 CFR 177.2600.
- ADI-free material (no Animal Derived Ingredients – ADCF).
- High temperature resistance – up to 200°C (392°F) constant with dry heat.
- Low levels of the extractables that can leach from material to promote contamination in a pharmaceurical process.
- Excellent resistance to steam. Ideal for sterilisation with SIP systems at up to 130°C (266°F).
- Excellent chemical resistance, including acid and alkali cleaners used in CIP systems.
- Resistant to aggressive water in WFI systems at up to 80°C (176°F).
- Excellent release properties from stainless steel after prolonged contact at elevated temperatures.